Possibly, you would have been confused when you began learning about the keto diet:
- Buying ingredients that you’d never heard of.
- Giving up on carbs that are comforting, like bread and pasta.
- Giving up on tasty cakes and candy.
- Net Carbs estimate.
- Identifying how to prepare keto recipes when not everybody in your family has a keto diet.
Being on a keto diet is hard but I am here to help with one of your keto tension,’Your Not- So- Keto” cravings.
Haha!. You might have guessed it by now. Biscuits!
Biscuits are the best for a KETO-passionate person looking for craving in the middle of all the Keto diet dilemmas, and I am here to help you with a recipe for Keto Biscuits with Coconut flavour.
Recipe 1 of 3: Keto Coconut Biscuit with Almond Milk.
- 3⁄4 cups of sifted coconut flour
- One and a half tsp of baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp of salt
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup of softened coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup low carb sugar substitute
- 4 eggs of large size
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Mix the coconut flour with baking powder and salt as mentioned above.
- Beat the butter and coconut oil together in a separate bowl; add the sweetener and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and almond milk; beat well.
- To the wet mixture, add the dry ingredients, beating until well mixed. The batter needs to be dense. If not, add a little more coconut flour and take care not to overdo it.
- Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet (make sure it is ungreased) and flatten it to the thickness you like.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 ° F (until the edges start to brown.)
Recipe 2 of 3: Keto Coconut Biscuit with with vanilla extract.
- 3/4 cups of coconut flour depending on the texture or the coconut flour
- 1 cup of granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 large eggs.
- 3/4 cups of butter, softened.
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Keep the oven preheated to 375 degrees. Line a large baking paper baking sheet.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup coconut flour in a medium mixing bowl (you can add more later if needed) with sweetener and baking powder until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat together wet ingredients at low 30 seconds in a separate large mixer bowl, then on medium for another 30 seconds until fully mixed and slightly foamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat on low for about 10 seconds or until it gets wet, then beat on medium until fully combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down and transfer all the ingredients to the middle. Let the batter sit for 15 minutes so that the flour can absorb and expand the fluid.
- If the batter feels moist and sticky, add more coconut flour a little at a time after the batter has set, or until the batter has the traditional cookie dough texture. 5 minutes after each addition, remember to let the batter sit so that the coconut flour can absorb the extra moisture.
- When the batter is the correct consistency, gently fold in add-ins if using, then scoop the dough out onto the prepared baking by tablespoonfuls. Slightly roll each scoop in your hands to form a tight ball. To form a cookie shape, slightly flatten the tops of the balls. Such cookies scatter slightly, but if you do not flatten the tops slightly, they will remain in a ball shape.
- Put in the preheated oven and cook 8-10 minutes at 350 (lightly golden on the edges).
- Take it out of the oven. It will be very soft with biscuits. Enable it to cool for about 15 minutes on the baking sheet or until firm.
- Move to a wire rack and allow it to fully cool. Store until ready to use in an airtight jar at room temperature.
- This recipe yields approximately 21 cookies. 1 serving is equivalent to 1 cookie
1 serving contains approximately 1 g of net carbohydrates
Recipe 3 of 3: SIMPLEST Keto Coconut Biscuit with just 3 simple ingredients.
- 3 egg whites.
- 1⁄2 cup (100 g) erythritol granulated
- 2 cups (200 g) coconut desiccated
- In a bowl, take 3 egg whites and add about 100g (half cup) of granulated erythritol and mix for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups (200g) of desiccated coconut and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Roll out small balls and place it on the pan. Press it into the shape of a biscuit.
- Bake at 330 degrees F OR 166 degree C, for 12-15minutes until golden brown.
- It yields 10 cookies.
- Net carbs: 1.3g, Fiber: 2.6g, Fat: 11.9 g, Protein: 2.2g, Calories: 130
CONS OF USING COCONUT FLOUR
It can be difficult to bake with just coconut flour. If the ratio of liquid to flour is not exactly right, the result would be dry and unpleasant. Even, if the ratio of egg to flour is not exactly right, the cookies will fall apart. Using only coconut flour, one can still have excellent moist cookies.
PROS OF USING COCONUT FLOUR
The positive side of these cookies using just coconut flour is that they are so similar to regular white flour that it’s difficult to tell them apart. The biscuits would not smell like coconut. Coconut flour gives a sweet taste to these cookies.
In addition to having all the ratios just right, allowing the batter to sit for around 15 minutes after mixing the dry and wet ingredients is another secret to making this recipe turn out to be perfect. After mixing the ingredients, most coconut flour recipes need the dough to sit down, since coconut flour is very absorbent and needs a lot of liquid. The coconut flour retains moisture by allowing the dough to sit and, as a result, your cookies turn out to be soft and moist.
Tips for the best keto biscuits.
- Don’t overmix the dough — you just want to blend it. The buttery and flaky texture will guarantee this.
- You can use a small amount of cheddar cheese, only to give the biscuits some additional colour and taste.
- Feel free to add basil, paprika, or even cayenne pepper to all of your favourite spices.
- Do not overbake the biscuits, as they keep frying when they are cooling down.
Keto biscuits are best served with:
- Chilli– Make a big pot of chilli and serve these biscuits as a cornbread substitute!
- Biscuits with gravy…yum!!
- Breakfast plate– Attach your eggs, omelette and/or bacon to the biscuits as a side dish.
- Salads – enjoy a biscuit or two on the side.
Let me know what you think about Top 3 Recipes: Keto Biscuits with Coconut Flour – Under 20 Minutes in the comments below.